Dr. Sharifah Zahhura Syed Abdullah
Ph.D (Sociology and Anthropology), The University of Newcastle, Australia
Msc. (Nutrition), Universiti Sains Malaysia
Bsc. (Nutrition and Community Health), Universiti Putra Malaysia
Diploma (Medical Laboratory Technology), Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Sharifah Zahhura Syed Abdullah, Pamela Nilan & John Germov, Food Restrictions during Pregnancy among Indigenous Temiar Women in Peninsular Malaysia, Malaysian Journal of Nutrition, 2012, 18(2), pp 243 - 253
Influence of Food Taboos on Nutritional Status of Temiar Women: A Qualitative Study, 20th Scientific Conference of the Nutrition Society of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, 24 - 25 March 2005.
Cultural Rules and Patterning in Food Systems of Orang Asli Temiar of Peninsular Malaysia, The Asian Conference on the Social Sciences, Ramada Osaka, Japan, 18 - 21 June 2010.
Menstrual food restrictions and taboos: A qualitative study on rural, resettlement and urban Orang Asli Temiar women, Renaissance Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, 29 - 30 May 2013.
Teacher's perception and acceptance against School Supplementary Feeding Programme (SSFP) or Rancangan Makanan Tambahan (RMT), Renaissance Hotel, 3 - 4 May 2014.
Perception and acceptance on School Supplementary Feeding Programme (SSFP)/ Rancangan Makanan Tambahan (RMT) among parents in several primary schools in Kota Bharu, Renaissance Hotel, 3 - 4 May 2014.
Food Insecurity and Nutritional Status of the Orang Asli Batek after Flood Crisis 2014, School of Health Sciences, USM, 2015.
Helath Foods Preferences and Perceptions among School Children in Kelantan, School of Health Sciences, USM, 2015.
Lifestyle and Ecological Impact of the Orang Asli Batek after Flood Crisis: Preliminary Data, Everly Hotel Putrajaya, 2015.
Lifestyle and Ecological Impact of the Orang Asli Batek after Flood Crisis, Pullman Putrajaya Lakeside, 2015.
- A Qualitative Study on Breastfeeding Practises Among the Orang Asli Temiar in Gua Musang, Kelantan, Short-Term Grant, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 1/9/2014 - 28/2/2017
- Lifestyle and ecological impact of the Orang Asli Batek after flood crisis, FRGS, Kementerian Pendidikan Malaysia, 1/4/2015 - 31/3/2016
- Nutrition in the Life Cycle, Course coordinator (second year, first semester)
- Nutritional Anthropology, Course coordinator (third year, second semester)
- Regulation of Food Intake, invited lecturer for School of Medical Sciences
- Nutrition Policy and Programs, invited lecturer for School of Medical Sciences
- Halal Foods and Products, invited lecturer for Health Fiqh Elective Course
- Report writing and Qualitative research and analysis, Research Methodology Course
Suraya Mahusin (2015). Breastfeeding experiences and related factors among the Orang Asli Temiar in Gua Musang: A Qualitative Study (completed).
Ainaa Almardhiyah Binti Abd Rashid (2013). The Association of Nutritional Status and Physical Activity Level with Plasma Adiponectin Concentrations among Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer Patient (completed).
Nurulhuda Binti Abd Aziz (2014). Monitoring Healthy Eating Among Primary School Students In Terengganu And Kelantan (completed)
Nur Fariehan Kamarudin (2012). Postpartum food taboos and dietary intakes among Malay women (completed).
Nurul Munirah Mohd Suppian (2012). Weaning practises and weaning foods of the Malays in Kota Bharu (completed).
Suraya Mahusin (2012). Knowledge attitude and practice regarding breastfeeding among pregnant (completed) (NSM Undergraduate Thesis Prize 2013).
Isma Amirah (2013). Parents perception and acceptance against School Food Programmes (SFP) or Rancangan Makanan Tambahan (RMT) (completed).
Chong Evien (2013). Teachers perception and acceptance against School Food Programmes (SFP) or Rancangan Makanan Tambahan (RMT) (completed) (NSM Undergraduate Thesis Prize 2014).
Farah Amira (2013). Impact of the School Food Programmes (SFP) or Rancangan Makanan Tambahan (RMT) on the children nutritional status, dietary intake and food habits, school attendance and scholastic performance (completed).
Lum Pei Teng (2014). Effects of Caesarean and Vaginal Delivery on Breastfeeding Initiation among Postpartum Women at Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia (HUSM), Kubang Kerian, Kelantan (completed).
Wan Nor Afifah Bt Wan Aminuddin (2014). Food insecurity and nutritional status among villages in Kampung Baru Nelayan, Tumpat (completed).
Wan Nur Alia Bt Wan Ahmad Hifni (2014). Food advertisement exposure, food choices and eating behavior among adolescents in Seberang Perai Utara, Penang (completed).
Amira Syazreen Azahar (2014). Knowledge, attitude and practice on breastfeeding among mothers in Kampung Baru Nelayan, Tumpat (completed).