Objectives & Thrust Areas
- To intensify the impact and significance of KANITA as a centre of reference concerning research on women's and gender issues in the region and globally
- To conduct multi disciplinary research in critical areas of women's and gender issues and to utilise the findings to advocate for social transformation.
- To produce and disseminate knowledge through publications that build theory, respond to policy issue, stimulate and reach out to public consciousness
- To establish academic programmes of international standing that democratise education through empowering traditional and non-traditional learners
- To initiate, engage and advocate for gender and social transformation through multiple strategies, working with diverse communities and entities
- To lead in the development and co-creation of accessible and impactful knowledge on women’s and gender issues